The Town of Clayton was granted a charter by the Delaware Legislature in 1887.
The powers and limitations of the Town of Clayton are defined by this charter and subsequent amendments by legislature.
The amended charter can be found at the State of Delaware website
. The most current, amended version can be found at the Town Hall.
The Town is governed by the Mayor & Town Council and various committees to serve the citizens.