Friday, February 23, 2018
- Use Energy Star labeled lighting fixtures.
- Turn off the lights in any room you are not using.
- Consider using high-intensity discharge (also called HID) or low-pressure sodium lights.
- Install task lighting
- Use dimmers, motion sensors, or occupancy sensors to automatically turn on and off lighting as needed and prevent energy waste.
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) in place of comparable incandescent bulbs to save about 50% on your lighting costs. CFLs use only ¼ the energy and last up to 10 times longer.
- Turn off decorative outdoor natural gas lamps.
- Use light wall colors to minimize the need for artificial lighting.